Saturday, February 4, 2012

Project Life 2012 Week 1

 2012 is my second year doing Project Life (PL).  I don't have any hard & fast rules for how I do this. Week 1 found me visiting my son, DIL and 9 month old grandson in Seattle.  I was happy to do some baby-sitting while I was there and I snapped a lot of photos of Owen.  So there are a lot of pages for this week!  I also use divided page protectors for creating 2 baby albums of Owen (one for me and one for Owen and his parents).  I usually put Owen's photos in the baby albums but these I'm including in PL since its was about my visit there.


 









 For these pages I'm using a mix of items from Becky Higgins PL Core Kit and Simple Stories Year.O.Graphy collection.  The 2" border at left is one of Year.O.Graphy pieces.  So easy to do - just cut and slide into the pocket!  I tend to shoot quite a few vertically oriented photos so I need to use a variety of divided page protectors like this one.  I use page protectors from Becky Higgins, We R Memory Keepers and American Crafts.


 

 
Page on left is same as the one on right.
Different photos are showing on right with the use of Close To My Heart Flip Flap Memory Protectors.

 








Page above still needs some work. I want to do farm animals for embellishments on the 2" paper strip. Haven't found exactly what I want to do yet. The 2 pages above are the same page but the one on the right shows a Close To My Heart Flip Flap Memory Protector in the bottom right hand corner flipped up so I could include more photos.  Its great that these work both horizontally and vertically.

2" paper strip needs embellishment yet

Added children's menu directly to album by using a 3 hole punch to punch holes.

Right hand with menu page turned.  Simple Stories Year.O.Graphy pieces on bottom of page along with receipt from dinner.
PL Core Kit and Year.O.Graphy pieces mix well together on this page.
 




Arrived home in western NY to snow!  No suprise there although it has been quite a warm and generally snow-less winter here.  Very unusual but appreciated. 

Notes to self - need to include more journaling and try to stay with a select few photos that show the best represent that time period!  I ended up with 2 very full albums (probably should be 3) last year.  I just have a hard time leaving out photos of Owen!
Hope you enjoyed my first week!



1 comment:

  1. Love the divided page protectors - so fun how you are using a variety. It would be very difficult to decide which of those cute photos to leave out!

    ReplyDelete